Philip was born in a small town and grew up surrounded by books.
His passion for reading thus started early on in his life. He has an incredible eye for detail, making him a huge asset in his field of expertise.
His academic qualifications include five university degrees of which the highest qualification is a PhD in Practical Theology.
He recently obtained a qualification in copy-editing and proofreading from the South African Writers College.
Although Philip started his business as a proofreader and editor only in June 2020, he already has a lot of experience in the field. Following is a summary of what he has achieved from June 2020 up to October 2021:
- 2 PhD proposals;
- adapting 4 chapters from PhD theses for publication in peer-reviewed academic journals, which includes translating one article from Afrikaans into English;
- 2 Master’s degree dissertations (both in Law);
- 1 LLB mini-dissertation;
- 2 chapters for publication in international books as well as the biography of one of the authors (Lexington Books; Walter de Gruyter);
- 8 articles for publication in peer-reviewed academic journals;
- 32 articles and assessments for online training of teachers;
- co-facilitator of academic writing workshop for new Master’s degree students in psychology.